3.2.11

I'm Back!

Over the past month, I was busy researching and creating my definition for humanity. Instead of combining the realms of science and religion, I decided to research and present the patterns and attributes that make us human. With this information, I was able to derive my own definition for both human and humanity:


A human is a social animal, who is reliant off of its intelligence, which it has acquired through its environment and its genetics. Its intelligence and its environment guide its perspective on its culture and its individuality.


Humanity is a collection of perspectives on reality and other social and intelligent beings (humans). No matter how different or alike our views on humanity or reality may be, they still contribute to the overall picture of what humans stand for. Humans are able to create, discover, invent, think, explore, destroy, achieve, entertain, and live. In our environment, we are the outliers (in both good and bad contexts); that is what makes us so exceptional.


The definitions that I derived were not valued in the least by the "general people." Overall, these definitions, these combining forces that bound my research to one strong point, were overlooked. By the end of the project, I was disappointed, not by the work of my other peers, but by the prospect that my work was considered to be substandard. Initially, I looked forward to this challenging project; I now see the disdain in tackling such an immense scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment